Urban Legends, Universal Music’s imprint, JUST released two collectable items for all music lovers alike – a boxset for one of hip-hop’s greatest pioneers of all time, Eric B and Rakim and a Yeezus cassette, arguably one of the best hip-hop albums of our generation.
- Of course, the culture of the cassette is partly nostalgic, but it’s also about a medium that holds up. Urban Legends introduces an exclusive cassetteof one the most progressive albums of this generation. You can purchase the Yeezus cassette here.
Eric B and Rakim Box Set
- This box set takes you back to the days when hip-hop was still making a name for itself and Eric B and Rakim broke out on the open scene. Despite their iconic influence, all of the duo’s albums have been out for print for some time. Thankfully, Urban Legends is shaking things up by releasing their Complete Collection 1987-1992, an especially timely package. This is not only a mighty monument to Eric B & Rakim’s larger-than-life catalog, this ten-disc vinyl/CD set is the first U.S. career expanding box set for a hip hop artist.
Pre-order the boxset here.
- The Complete Collection 1987-1992 incorporates the following:
- two-LP vinyl editions of each of Eric B & Rakim’s four original albums—1987’s Paid In Full, 1988’s Follow the Leader, 1990’s Let the Rhythm Hit ‘Em and 1992’s Don’t Sweat the Technique
- Plus two bonus CDs of vintage remixes, none of which have ever appeared on an album, and only a handful of which have previously been available digitally.
- All four LPs are housed in a ridged slipcase that also houses a 36-page book and the two bonus CDs.