Samsung recently unveiled the Gear S3, a striking and innovative smartwatch that combines timeless design with the latest in mobile technology.
Gear S3 is offered in two variants – classic and frontier – allowing users to choose which best matches personal preferences.
Gear S3 classic features a traditional yet elegant design, while Gear S3 frontier is ideal for the active consumer with a more sporty look.
“With the Gear S3, we continue to build on our wearables heritage of offering diverse choices to enhance consumers’ unique lifestyles,” said Younghee Lee, Executive Vice President of Global Marketing, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics. “Samsung Gear S2 achieved meaningful progress in the smartwatch category with a personalized watch face and a versatile rotating bezel that provided an intuitive smartwatch experience. Now with the new Gear S3, we expand our Gear collection and introduce not only a great smartwatch, but a great watch. With smart capabilities and sophisticated, elegant design, the Gear S3 marks a significant addition to our smartwatch portfolio.”
Key product features include:
- Design – With a full-color, Always On circular display, Gear S3 tells time like a traditional watch! No need to tap or wave your arm. Just look down, and it’s there.
- Improved Battery Life – A longer-lasting battery—improved from the Gear S2—means that you can spend more time making calls, using apps, and showing Solis off. In fact, even if Solis has 5% battery left, the watch face will stay active for 10 hours.
- Standalone Connectivity – The Gear S3 frontier with LTE connectivity means that you can receive and answer calls in HD, send messages and use apps without being connected to a phone.
- Samsung Pay – Leave your wallet (and phone!) at home while out shopping. Use your watch to pay at nearly anywhere you can tap or swipe a card today.
- Water and Dust Resistance – Equipped with IP68 certification, so it can withstand all of life’s unexpected moments – from morning workouts, to sudden rain storms and accidental spills.
The Gear S3 will be available later this year at major retailers, including Best Buy, Amazon, Macy’s and Samsung.com, as well as wireless providers. AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon will carry the LTE connected version of the Gear S3 frontier. Wireless providers will announce availability and pricing.