Tribeca Film Festival and Snapchat present TRIBECA SNAPCHAT SHORTS the first ever program of its kind — spotlighting the best Snapchat Stories from across the US. This new program encourages creativity, humor, and imagination through Snapchat with the goal of spotlighting the next generation of mobile storytellers.
- Tribeca Film Festival and Snapchat invite Snapchatters to create a Story exclusively using Snapchat (200 seconds max), which they can download and submit to a panel of celebrity jurors including talented storytellers and avid Snapchatters, including DJ Khaled.
- The theme: comedy : )
- The 10 winning shorts will be announced timed to the 15th annual Tribeca Film Festival in New York City in April 2016.
- They will be highlighted at the Festival and may be featured on a special Snapchat Discover channel.
- Submissions open on February 27th and close March 8th.
- You must be a legal US resident in the 50 United States and District of Columbia and 18+ to submit.
- The Tribeca Film Festival is a pioneering platform for showcasing innovative storytelling through new technology.
- Snapchat is a storytelling tool used by over 100 million people every day to tell their own Stories and consume others’ content. You can shoot and edit your mobile video on one platform.
- This new program gives creative Snapchatters the opportunity to combine the skills essential to filmmaking – storyboarding, scripting, casting – with the accessibility and mobile editing tools innate to the Snapchat platform.
Submission guidelines and contest rules – https://tribecafilm.com/