Luke Wood, Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre launch the Beats by Dr. Dre Pill at the Beats Store in Soho, NYC
(Photo by Kevin Mazur/WireImage for Beats By Dr. Dre)
Video Recap of the event
Built to act not only as a powerful, compact speaker for listening to music but also as a portable system for taking calls with the freedom of wireless bluetooth.
The Beats Pill is also the first wireless speaker to hit store shelves with tap-to-pair NFC and apt-X technology for easy and instant Bluetooth audio. More features include:
• All call functions – including speakerphone when paired with your smartphone
• Four speaker system with Beats unique sound profile
• Rechargeable lithium ion battery provides 7 hours of continuous play
• AC Power adapter with USB receptacle for charging
• Auto shut-off after 30 minutes of no signal detection in order to conserve battery life
• 3.5mm line out for connection to an external speaker system
• Built-in mic for hands free conferencing
• Echo cancellation for call clarity and feedback control
• 8 Bluetooth profiles
The Beats Pill will be available in the Beats by Dr. Dre signature colors black, white and red with additional color options coming soon. The Beats Pill retails for $199 and is available at The Beats Store as well as authorized Beats resellers and will also be available at www.beatsbydre.com.