With all eyes on the NBA playoffs, Hennessy, the official spirit of the NBA, announces the Make Moves That Start Movements program, featuring NBA superstar Russell Westbrook, artist Victor Solomon and entrepreneur Alex Taylor (Hoop York City). Together, they’ve tapped into the collective strength of NBA communities to help BIPOC communities through the brand’s Unfinished Business initiative.
Make Moves That Start Movements kicks off a leaguewide partnership between Hennessy and the NBA to extend Hennessy’s Unfinished Business platform to encourage movement for the better, including league-specific activations. Unfinished Business is Hennessy’s initiative providing material support to Black, Asian and Latinx small business owners in response to inequities exacerbated by COVID-19, with more than $5MM in funding distributed to-date.
· Hennessy’s first move leverages NBA players and teams as community partners to raise funds for BIPOC small businesses, including Russell Westbrook who will cement the partnership with his own assist towards Unfinished Business.
· Hennessy will also offer fans an opportunity to win covetable NBA memorabilia: Russell Westbrook’s game-worn Black History Month warm-up shorts, team-signed basketballs, and more.
To celebrate their combined vision, Hennessy will launch a new film, Take It Far. The film depicts the journey of a basketball to demonstrate the places the game can take us, before pivoting to shine light on the NBA communities that are taking the culture further. From the director, to the stylists, to hero talent, the film features powerful luminaries who are creating new waves and starting new conversations, including:
· Director Joshua Kissi, first generation Ghanaian-American creative entrepreneur
· NBA All-Star Russell Westbrook as he creative-directs his cause-based fashion line, Honor the Gift
· “Literally Balling” artist, Victor Solomon crafting a Kingtsugi-style project in his LA studio.
· Community activist, Alex Taylor, as she plans future endeavors for women’s basketball collective, Hoop York City.
Make Moves that Start Movements debuts during the 2021 NBA Playoffs and will subsequently roll-out across digital and social channels.
Triple Double – Pineapple Basil Lemonade
· 2 parts Hennessy VS
· 2 parts Pineapple juice
· 2 parts with soda water
· half part simple syrup
· 1 part fresh Lemon juice
· Garnish with Basil leaf and pineapple wedge
Method: Shake all liquid except Soda Water, and strain into a Collins glass with fresh ice, top with Soda water and garnish with a Basil leaf and pineapple wedge.