The 2018 class presented their product offerings and over 200 guests had the unique opportunity to shop the latest collections from this year’s breakout designers.
Now in its eighth year, The Workshop at Macy’s is an intensive four-and-a-half-day vendor development program that was created to mentor and foster the growth of up-and-coming minority and women-owned businesses.
Developed by a consortium of experts from Macy’s and Babson College – the nation’s leading business school for entrepreneurship, this exclusive and ground-breaking program serves as a key element of Macy’s commitment to vendor diversity. With 101 graduated companies to-date, The Workshop at Macy’s has created a viable pipeline of vendors who will go on to become successful partners within the retail industry at large.
The Workshop at Macy’s 2018 Vendor Class:
· Eleven60 – a fashion-forward RTW collection offering curvy fashionistas the opportunity to wear red carpet, night out, and boardroom-ready apparel inspired by founder and gospel sensation Kierra Sheard.
· Bella Belle – a bridal and occasion shoe company founded by best friends, Veronyca Kwan and Erina Ardianto.
· Benson Watch Company – timepieces by founder and CEO Marcel Benson that epitomize the beauty that exists in minimal designs and vibrant colors.
· Boot Band – a woman’s solution to wearing the boots she loves regardless of her calf width by founder and inventor Krista Barnett.
· dbts Skin Bar – a natural skincare line infused with organic and pharmaceutical grade ingredients by certified aesthetician Nancy Young.
· House of Linnic – an elevated collection of natural, luxe, and unisex Eau de parfum, bath/body oils, soy-blend candles, and atmosphere sprays by founder Lindsay King.
· The Wedding Store for Men – a Miguel Wilson collection for the groom who wants to look elegant on his big day in a look that suits him and isn’t due back after the reception dinner.
· milanblocks – a line of evening clutches handmade from acrylic, patent leather, and crystal accents by designer Hua (Sara) Cline.
· Sandhya Garg – Sandhya Garg’s RTW designer label that utilizes an avant-garde approach to each collection.
· Mischo Beauty – a vegan-friendly, cruelty-free, and gluten-free disruptor to the toxic nail lacquer market from founder Kitiya Mischo King.
Photos by: Kent Miller Studios